It was a very interesting experience doing this show with Jacob. For as long as we’ve been together I’ve been the only one who acted. I was the one who was gone every night and came home exhausted and ended up neglecting my sweet husband. And he was the one always there waiting for me after opening night in the lobby with roses and a big hug and “You were so good!”
Well the tables were definitely turned this time around. We were both gone every night and the only person we neglected was Charliepants. The dog. AKA our child. And this time Jacob was the one who got the roses. And there was no one waiting for us in the lobby after the show.
This post isn’t really a guilt trip (just thinly veiled passive aggression really.)
Our parents, who are the best parents in the world and we are so incredibly thankful for (and I’m not just saying that because they read this blog but because I really mean it!), are the only ones who came to see our play.
Now normally I’m used to this because all of my close friends (and family) are spread far and wide all over the world and they usually can’t come to see my plays. Which is fine now, I’m totally cool with it.
But I’m the most disappointed for Jacob. This is his hometown where all of his friends live. This was his first real play. He had three different roles. And he was DAMN GOOD. And I hate that none of his friends came out to support him. And I hate that I couldn’t be out there in the audience to support him. I’m so proud of him and I just wish that more people that we love could have seen him!
So effective immediately we will be taking applications for new friends! You can email me your resume and we’ll set up an interview.
A few of the job requirements:
• Must live in the Central Louisiana region.
• Must enjoy baseball. Bonus points if you enjoy the Yankees.
• Must enjoy theatre. Required to attend at least one performance of any play that Jacob and/or Sarah are in.
• Must be fun and humorous and willing to think we are also fun and humorous.
• Must enjoy dogs, especially our dog.
• Must be willing to spend quality time with us as a couple and/or one-on-one.
And that’s it. We’re not asking much.
(I sure hope everyone is picking up on the sarcasm in this…)
Do you ever find yourself in a similar situation?
How do you handle it?
Am I being ridiculous and just need to get over it?

4 comments:
awww, I'm sorry :( Bret and I really should have come. Just didn't think about it, among other excuses
We have no friends here. Haha. We = losers.
so glad the musical went well!
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
YAY for being in shows! I'm always excited when I find another theatre blogger! :D
Post a Comment