It was excellent!! So much fun. It was presented by Broadway in Baton Rouge. I went with my hubby and my momma. Rest assured, the hubby totally wanted to see it. Even though his manhood got called into question. And he was not the only good dutiful husband in attendance, there were quite a few completely heterosexual males there. We had excellent seats. See:
![]() |
| Notice how close we are, not the backs of these peoples' heads in front of us |
The music was totally infectious. I sang along with every song. Then after the curtain call the whole cast came out and did 3 more numbers. It was like a concert. The "Donna" character looked a lot like Demi Moore in Ghost. She was a little too masculine in my opinion. She had a fantastic voice but sometimes she would belt a song and sometimes she wouldn't. The "Sophie" character had a great voice too but also had kind of an awkward body which the costuming didn't flatter at all. She was also a little too freaked out by the whole situation. A situation that she brought on herself.
The comedic relief was hilarious, "Rosie" and "Tanya." In my opinion they stole the show! There were times I thought I might pee on myself they were so funny.
A super fun night with my favorite husband and my favorite mom.
![]() |
| Terrible Blackberry picture but its us, I promise |
Here are some tunes for ya:
This is a number from the actual show, different actors though
P.S. My Air Conditioner is fixed....Praise the Lord!!!



4 comments:
I agree, it was an amazing show! My favorite part was when they sang Waterloo...oen of my favorite Abba songs. I agree about the Sophie character, her being freaked out and all. I liked the Sophie from the movie much better.
I've heard that's a great show!! I'd like to see it. :)
What an amazing musical, right? I saw it in Vegas! Very catchy music. I think I'm gonna have it in my head all night now (: hehe
Does it make me childish that I always think the line should be, "Oh, I've been broken hearted, oh since the day you farted"?
hee hee
Post a Comment