Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Adventures in Home Ownership

Another Stereotypical Newylwed Homeowner Installment

So we live in Louisiana. I’m not sure if you know this, but Louisiana doesn’t really get a winter. Maybe a few cold fronts around December and January but we don’t have months and months of winter weather. And even if your day starts out cold, there’s a good chance it’ll be 80 degrees by 3:00.


via

So it’s March in Louisiana. And its hot. And I am a delicate Southern flower. I’m not one of those cold-natured people who shiver all the time. I’m. Always. Hot. No matter what. I rarely use a winter coat because there is just no point. I am a delicate Southern flower who sweats, something I inherited (along with all the other grandkids) from my Grandmother. She and I like to keep the thermostat on 65. Year round.

Well the temperature is getting up into the high 80s around here. So of course the AC is getting cranked up. So some time between 8am when I left for work and 5pm when I got home from work yesterday, our Air Conditioner stopped working.

Thank God for a Homeowners Warranty. We got the deluxe version.

So some nice AC worker men will come by the house today and make my AC work. Hopefully. Because I don’t think I can spend another sweaty miserable night in my hot little house.


I feel like these people:

4 comments:

Meri said...

Haha, I read your about me and you had me at "spoiled brat who married the man of her dreams" haha-
I'm a "delicate northern flower" from MN- I need my heat to work or I get cranky!
Cheers
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

choose to be happy blog said...

haha i love it and know what you mean! i went to school in Tuscaloosa at the University of Alabama and now live in Atlanta!!! Its HOT!

Megan said...

i will trade you homes right now. deal?

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

hahahaha, the girl crying over the really green room made me laugh that is so me.

Write it in Lipstick