Grab a book
Kick your feet up
And stay for a while in our new "Reading Area"
I put "Reading Area" in quotes because every time I move to a new home, be it apartment or house, my mom and I always plan out little vignettes with bookcases, comfy chairs, and lamps. We may plan them but they never come to fruition. I've even talked about this mythical "Reading Area" several times on this blog.
Well Ma, its about damn time don't you think?
Meet our new "Reading Area"
The bookcase is part of a large wall unit that belonged to my parents and lived in their house since I was born. It now has a new home in our house!
The club chair and ottoman are actually from Jacob's bachelor days, yes I know you're shocked he owned real furniture!
The booksellers table and blue glass lamp are both estate sale treasures from my MIL's Estate Sale Company, Ebenezer Estate Sales. I picked up the shade from Tuesday Morning.
A little accent table from Hobby Lobby a few years ago holds some of Jacob's vintage broadcasting books and mosaic vase.
And yes that is the side of our fridge looking horribly messy....
My new favorite Michelle Palmer print. Go read about this girl. She.Is.Amazing.
This is the shelf with the "smart people" books....
You may be asking yourself, "But Sarah, where are all your cheesy romance novels?"
Good question.
They are safely tucked away in the bookcase in our bedroom along with the hubby's creepy Stephen King novels. That bookcase makes us look decidedly less smart...
Yay for successful completion of the "Reading Area!"
It is one of Charliepants' favorite places to be too:
2 comments:
Too cute!! I always attempt the reading area but it doesn't work out well and gets moved but we do have a corner in Bret's den that houses the majority of the acceptable books :)
And just what cheesy romance books do you read? They are my guilty pleasure too :D
girrrrl i love that you found my blog. your blogger description alone made me fall in love with you. hilarious, love. hilarious. and i'm glad our lives are weirdly parallel...what with your doctor friends and all. (:
Post a Comment