Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's been a long time...

I shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step too...

Aaliyah, circa 2000 anybody?
(totally my jam back in the day)

But yes, it has been far too long since my last post and for that, I do apologize.
 Instead of giving you meaningless excuses let me just say that I was busy.
Like for real busy.


I went on my first business trip!  Which was actually really exciting for me, not to mention the fantastic overtime pay!  I did so well that I even get to go on another one in July.


I traveled.  A lot.  And not fun exciting vacation traveling.  More like, driving home to spend time with my family traveling.  Which is always fun and exciting, but not necessarily exotic.  But I did get lots of solid quality time with my mom and dad, brothers and sisters-in-law and adorably adorable nieces and nephews.


They opened the Morganza Spillway.  And then I drove across it.
A week later.  Well not that actual part in the video, but in the general vicinity.
And no it wasn't under water like the news media predicted. 


The hubby built a flagstone wall around our baby Magnolia Trees.
I think it would be fun to add another level, but Jacob thinks it would look too much like a turret...



We finally painted our cypress porch swing (Christmas present) white and put it up.  See it there in the picture above?  
Now we just need two white rocking chairs for the other side of the porch!

A before picture to refresh your memory:
We had big wonky sago palms that I hated there before.
..

..

..

Oh and I went RED!!!!!!!!





And I am loving being a Red-Head!!
I love it because it looks so natural and not super obvious like some red dye jobs.


Oh and having your husband do a photo shoot in the front yard is awkward.
Especially when cars pass by.

He thought the first picture he took was fine and couldn't understand why I didn't like it. He always thinks I'm beautiful in every photo (that sounded way arrogant...) so he didn't quite understand why I kept making him take photo after photo....

After a good 20+ photos later he had enough.  I was pleased with a few, the ones you see above of course.  But just because I'm nice I'll let you see one of the rejects:
Yes, that just happened.  Yes, I just put this on the interwebs for the world to see.  I'm brave.


So anyways.  Yep.  That's what's been going on. 
I promise I will try and be better about the updates!!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

What's wrong with a turret in the front yard? ;-) Your house looks beautiful, Sarah. I'm so happy for you.

Unknown said...

aww, pretty front yard! and I love the red!

Ali Lionberger said...

I LOVE YOUR RED HAIR!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

sarah you look great as a redhead! and oh my yessss you have been busy! your home has great curb appeal!! love it. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Megan said...

looove the red and ADORE your house! sooo cute!