Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Update: For Better or Worse

I did totally ditch my husband Monday night. 

After work that day he tells me "Yeah, I was going to tell Mr. Blank something came up and I had to cancel, but then I read your blog post and you were all sweet so I have to meet with him now."   Ah, the power of blogging. 

The "meeting" lasted an hour.  I perused the aisles of Hobby Lobby honing my crafty skills and got some pretty excellent ideas (DIY post to come later.)  Finally I got the all clear to come home.  Jacob says he didn't commit to anything and was appropriately vague.  But Mr. Blank called his son and reported that Jacob was super excited about this prospect......and is pretty sure he's going to do it.  2 days later Jacob has gotten numerous calls he's let go to voicemail.  A great big "Uggggh."  Bless Jacob's heart is all I have to say.  I think he's going to have to be the bad guy.  I just hope the blame doesn't fall to me: "Yeah, the ole ball-n-chain won't let me spend a dime..." type stuff. 

We may have an out though.  We could possibly become a 2 car family again!!!!!! That's right, I may have to start driving!  I think buying a second car is a pretty good excuse not to join a pyramid scheme, don't you?!?!  We'll see....

A peek at my possible new ride:  But a dark gray color

1 comment:

Emily Blackwell said...

1. Jacob really IS such a softy :)
2. Yay for a DIY!
3. Yay for a new car!
4. I'm really likin' loveyoumeanit as your wrap up tagline. It works fo sho.