Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bucket List?

I got a forwarded email the other day, entitled Bucket List.  Obviously I caved and opened it.  Basically it's a survey.  You fill it out, then send it to all your friends, and everyone laughs over the responses.  I'll admit, I was a big fan of these in College.  It felt like gossip I was allowed to know and pass around.  So back to this particular email.  It was called the Bucket List and you're supposed to put an "x" next to every item you've done.  Now, I don't know who's bucket list this is supposed to be, but its lame.  Let me just preface this post with that.  LAME in capital letters.  Its horribly lacking in some areas and completely ridiculous in others.  I think it leaves out a lot of important items.  So now you may be asking yourself why i'm even bringing it up? Well the weather is wonky again, i'm super tired, and I'm totally not "working" at work.  If you feel so inclined, fill it out for yourself.  I've added a brief explanation for each because that's more fun...

So without further ado:

Sarah's Bucket List - items I have completed thus far in my life
X      Cooked for more than 10 people At some party I'm sure
         Watched someone die          
         Been a pallbearer
X      Skipped School Senior Skip day in High School
         Been to Africa
         Been to Alaska
X      Been to Australia In High School
         Been to Europe
X      Been to South America Does Cozumel count?
         Been to Las Vegas
         Been to Mexico
X      Been to Florida Many times
X      Been on a cruise 2 actually       
        Served on a Jury
X     Been lost All the time in Walmart as a kid
X     Been on the opposite side of the country Does Florida count?
        Gone to Washington, DC
X     Swam in the Ocean If you consider dog paddling swimming
X     Made the Honor Roll
X     Cried yourself to sleep
        Played Cops and Robbers
X     Danced like no one is watching Possibly every day of my life
X     Recently colored with crayons - within the last 2 years So therapeutic
X     Sang Karaoke Badly
        Sang in a band
X      Paid for a meal with coins only If concession stand food counts
X      Made prank phone calls
         Laughed until some beverage came out of your nose
         Caught a snowflake on your tongue
X       Danced in the rain In a hurricane
X      Written a letter to Santa Claus
X       Been kissed under the mistletoe I don't think I've even done this with my husband yet?!?!?!
X      Watched the sunrise with someone Hahaha, again not with my husband
X       Blown bubbles
X      Gone ice skating I'm terrible, shocker…
         Gone skiing I want to so bad
         Gone cross country skiing
         Can you sew Barely, just ask my dress pants that are hemmed up with staples…
         Can you knit or crochet
         Camped out under the stars Only in a tent
         Took a vacation alone
X      Seen something so beautiful that it took your breath away
X      Are or have been married Currently
         Have one or more children
X      Have or had a pet Many
         Been skinny dipping outdoors
X      Been fishing I actually won a fishing contest when I was little.
         Been hunting I've been to my dad's "camp" does that count?
X      Been boating I did go sailing in Houston
         Been Water Skiing
         Been Hiking
         Been camping in a trailer/RV
         Flown in a small 4-seater airplane
X      Flown in a big plane On an international flight
         Flown in a plane doing acrobatics
         Flown in a glider
         Flown in a helicopter
X      Flown in a hot air balloon Well, not flown really. It just went up high on it's tether then came back  down
X      Learned another language Spanish was in fact my minor for a while
        Gone to a drive-in movie
X      Shot a gun Does a BB gun count?
        Gone on a blind date
        Testified in court X     
         Ever ridden an elephant As Mrs. Aouda in Around the World in 80 Days
X      Ever eaten just cookies or dessert for dinner
X      Ever been on TV
         Ever steal any traffic signs  No, but i've always wanted to hang a "Speed Hump" sign over my bed...
X      Ever been in a car accident
         Ever steal candidate signs during an election
X      Can you ride a bike
X      Have you ever driven across the country Again, does Florida count?
         Have a nickname?
         Mothers name? Linda
         Favorite drink? Right now it's pomegranate martinis
         Tattoos?
         Body piercings? 2 in my left ear, 1 in my right ear
         Do you drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 2 and will never again
         Favorite number? 111
         Favorite movie? Young Frankenstein
         Favorite dessert? Ice cream
         Furthest place you will send this message? the vast plains of the world wide web
         Who will respond to this the fastest? Whoever has the time and is bored enough

I don't quite understand why all these random questions are included at the end.

See I told you this list was lame.  Now go be lame and fill it out too!!

2 comments:

Michaela said...

With you on the ice cream one! Gotta have it at least once a day (:

Megan said...

yesterday i told collin that i have one and only thing on my bucket list (which isnt true but it served for dramatic effect) and that was to play with baby lions or tigers.