Thursday, August 16, 2012

NEWS

NEWS, folks

BIG SHOUTY CAPITALS NEWS
No, I’m not pregnant.

But come January we will be beginning a new chapter in our lives.

After 29 ¾ years of life in his hometown, I will be taking the Hubs, the pups, and all our crap
to the deep heart of Texas.


We’re moving to Dallas y’all!

(Imagine I said that like Britney Spears – that girl has got some great “y’all” inflection)

New Dallas                                                                              Old Dallas



Cowboy Boots, Big Hair, Belt Buckles, and the Dallas Cowboys.

All things that Jacob has strictly forbade from our future life.

Think more along the lines of: Cowboy Boots worn with cute summery dresses not plaid shirts, Moderately Sized Hair, Texas Rangers (but only because we like baseball and will continue to wear our Yankees paraphernalia to any games we go to, Josh Hamilton,)
and enough Saints and Louisiana decor to fill the Super Dome

We’re moving so I can pursue a pretty amazing career opportunity with my company.

And lest you worry, Jacob will also remain gainfully employed by the TV station via our future living room in Dallas.

That’s right folks; he gets to work from home. It’s Mr. Mom time…
(no I’m not pregnant)



We’re pretty excited.

Not so much about the physical act of moving because Lord knows, that is not my spiritual gift.

But about Big City Life and all the amazing things we will get to do and experience.

Being even further away from family sucks, but we’ve decided to come to Alexandria one weekend a month and Gonzales one weekend a month. 

And of course our future second bedroom will be open to any one who wants to come visit.


Here are some picture of us trying out Dallas Life:

Enjoying a Rangers Game
At the American Airlines Theatre

Attending a Coldplay concert

Sitting in our really high seats at the above mentioned Coldplay concert


And as an ending, a sweet shot of our Practice Babies:


Wish us luck and send us Louisiana crap to decorate our new abode with!

3 comments:

TwoFourFive said...

Yay! Dallas is a wonderful city!!! And we go there occasionally to visit Mark's family, so I will have to give y'all a call when we go :) Texas is a great place to live :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Wished we could have gotten together more before we both left the area, but we are in your hometown area.

The Lords said...

I feel as if I should preface this comment with "Congrats!" so that all other commentors will not think poorly of me (even though I've been privy to this news for awhile and you know we're excited for you), but what I'm really thinking is, "Is that the wall behind you at the Coldplay concert?"