Thursday, December 22, 2011

Things I Don't Understand - Pinterest

Things I Don’t Understand:
Pinterest Edition



1. Pregnancy/Child Related Boards

You’re scrolling through Pinterest when you see a married child-less girl friend pin some photos like this:

You think to yourself, “Is she PREGNANT?!?!?! Why don’t I know??”

You immediately get on Facebook and stalk her page searching for that “OMG, We’re pregnant post” with 57+ comments so you can be number 58. But no luck.

From what you can tell, she is not pregnant, but really unhappy with her job...

(I am very guilty of this. I have a whole board full of pictures I want to take when pregnant and the subsequent children thereafter.)



2. Recipes

I have had to unfollow a few people because ALL they do on Pinterest is pin recipes and it floods my news feed (is it called a news feed? I have no idea)

I mean, are you really going to make all that stuff?

Do you like to cook that much?

Does a mini pizza made out of a crescent roll really look tasty?

Or are you just trying to present to the virtual world that you are the Quintessential Suzy Homemaker who has dinner promptly on the table everyday at 5.

And your house is spotless and fabulously decorated.

And you have a blog post everyday with a ton of comments.

And your baby weight disappeared the moment you popped out your most recent beautiful well behaved child.

And you take those annoying outfit post pictures where you look adorable in an outfit combination I would have never thought of.



But I’m not bitter or anything…


3. DIY





We all know you’re not really going to make that snow globe out of a mason jar and miniature trees from a doll house.

But wouldn’t it just be soooo easy?

Or making a scarf out of an old t-shirt. I mean, how hard could it be, really?

I will just wait for the blog post tutorial when you show us all that boring desk chair you recovered with beautiful ikat fabric using only hot glue, your spit, and fairy dust.

4. Those funny quote pictures you laugh at but would never have the guts to say.




We know the real reason you’re posting it.

No caption of “I totally think this sometimes” is gonna cut it.

We know it’s not “sometimes”

It’s definitely “all the time”

And we know you really mean it.

And it’s ok, because we really mean it too.

Because snarky humor is sometimes the best humor.

And whether you admit it or not, cursing is funny when being said by a 1950s housewife cartoon.





All images from my Pinterest - sarahupshaw  Follow  me!!
(except for the food ones.  I don't cook.  It's not my spiritual gift.)

5 comments:

Kathleen Pharis said...

LOL!!

(Although I do have a ton of DIY stuff. And I HAVE made snowglobes from jars - not Mason - I will post pics 'cause I think they're kinda cute!)

Enjoyed your blog - a lot! :D

Mariel Torres said...

hahaha this is so me! How about my dream wedding post? Not engaged yet but apparently i have a pretty darn good idea of what it should look like. oh pinterest.

jessica said...

I am guilty of all of these, LOL. And, i'm totally with ya on the crafting DIY board. I have an entire board for DIY stuff, and i've only ever done two! Ha! I think it's hoarding mentality- you know, just in case the time ever comes that I have the time or energy to do all 500 DIY craft ideas that i've pinned. I do cook though, so i've found the recipe board really helpful.

Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

My wife does this in real life! She doesn't cook, but has never passed a free recipe card display without grabbing a handful. She keeps asking for cookbooks and kitchen gadgets, yet I'm the one who uses them. >.<

But, of course, in the vast spectrum of spousal annoyances this is pretty minor. ;-)

christine donee said...

It's true.

I think those things.

All. The. Time.